Did u know elephants……………..
- Prefer one tusk more than the other, just as people are either left or right-handed
- Waive their trunks in the air to smell better
- Spend up to 16-18 hours per day eating
- Their tusks grow throughout their lives
- Use their feet to listen, they can pick up rumblings made by other elephants, through vibrations in the ground .
- Are the national animals in Thailand.
- One of their tooth can weigh up to 3 Kgs
Feel free to add more interesting facts about them….:)
Did u know Giraffes….
-Have never been observed bathing
-Are able to clean their ears with their own tongue
-Its difficult to catch them while sleeping because they usually sleep for only 5 minutes at a time
-Have a blood pressure which is two or three times that of a healthy man
– Can go without drinking water longer than camels can
– The spots on each giraffe are distinctive to that animal alone
-Gets their name from the Arabic word “Xirapha,” which means, “one who walks swiftly
– Spend between 16 and 20 hours a day feeding
-Can rest standing up
-Only found naturally in Africa
– Are born with horns
– Despite their extreme lengths, their necks are actually too short to reach the ground
Masai Mara National Reserve- Kenya